David M. Einhorn Center
for Community Engagement
Foundations of Community-Engaged Learning
Learn to partner with communities to create a more sustainable, just and collaborative future.
Program at a Glance
Available to: Students as well as faculty & staff from any Cornell school/college
Time Commitment: 3-week program that includes 2 hours of reading and 6 hour-long online gathering
Fall 2021 Intensives
- Intensive I: September 14-30, 2021
Tue/Thur 6-7pm (In Session)
- Intensive II: October 6-22, 2021
- Intensive III: November 1-17, 2021
Come explore the Foundations of Community-Engaged Learning with us this Fall!
This is a great opportunity to become part of a small cohort of action-oriented peers and prepare to participate in Cornell’s rich ecosystem of public engagement and social change.
The three-week intensive series includes eight hours of readings and online gatherings, including an orientation, workshops, dialogues and a celebration. Together, participants will:
- Explore the building blocks of community-engaged learning
- Prepare for action through readings and dialogue
- Reflect on their mindset for taking action
- Explore their social identities
Who should register?
Students preparing to participate or currently participating in their first community-engaged learning experience at Cornell through research, internships, courses, student groups and more